1. The super cool bloggers who are out there, like Erin at Two Thirds Hazel who inspired me to do this list!
2. The opportunity to attend college and get myself an education…even though being swamped with homework has been a drag lately.
3. Coffee to get me through studying and, in particular, production nights. Yesterday I was living the 3 a.m. lyfe at the Torch.
4. The opportunity to help lead a wonderful, wonderful team of journalists. Turns out, I really really love being an editor.
5. A journalist dad to send me emails full of great advice and listen to me freak out about ad ratios and InDesign.
6. The ability to go home and see the fam bam last weekend.
7. The first ice cream of the season.
8. This girl, who is all grown up and is so dedicated to social justice issues. This is her giving a speech about the Syrian civil war at 4h regionals:
9. Father James Martin (if you don’t follow him on Facebook and Instagram, you should start), who is such a great representation of the faith and a journalist to boot!
10. The kind of people who planned Operation Drunken Nutella Unicorn, which was a secret plan wherein the Boyfriend surprised me for my birthday.
11. A boyfriend who surprised me despite knowing I had a busy weekend and spent Saturday replenishing my cupboards, doing laundry, washing dishes and cooking dinner.
12. …and then on Sunday we went out for the most excellent Greek food in Bayside and visited Martha’s Bakery, which is THE CUTEST.
A priest friend took a few of us out last semester to these two places and it was such a good time that another girl and I both ended up using the same itinerary for date ideas this semester, proving that we are the least original people ever…or that Father J has great taste.
13. Friends who buy you birthday drinks…
14. …of all sorts:
15. A retreat this weekend. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to go, because it is a big time commitment and homework is a problem this semester, but I’m very excited to have this experience with some of the best people I know.
16. Holy Hour tonight. I need it.
17. This pretty princess! She is finally starting to grow up and/or respond to training and is just the biggest cutest most hyper little cuddle buddy there ever was.
18. That this summer I’ve caught that rarest of unicorns: the print journalism internship that will allow me to quit the Taco Palace for good.
19. The EasyPay MetroCard. Seriously, if you don’t have one, get one now. It’s a MetroCard that connects to your debit card, so that you never have to stand in line at the annoying kiosks or worry about if you have a swipe left!
20. Naps. God’s gift to man.
21. Not having any assignments due tomorrow.
22. Fred the Wonder Cat.
23. The Zero to Hero 2.0 blogging challenge that will be starting next week.
24. That my parents gave me an easy-to-spell name, even if it is kind of long.
25. A job where I can do my homework in downtime. Notice a theme of homework developing?
26. The weather, which has finally reached the point that it’s not bitingly cold outside.
27. Memories of Sorrento, where I was last year this time.
28. The fact that there’s only 34 days left in this semester!!!!!!
29. Summer TV. I love summer programming for a few reasons. First, I have more time to watch it, and what’s a better guilty pleasure than bingewatching something utterly mindless? Secondly, the shows are just too fantastic to believe. Recent favorites include Bridalplasty, Love in the Wild, that one where they create their own restaurant and people get voted off, and of course the Bachelorette.
30. A home in New York City, a media mecca (which ironically helped me discover that I don’t actually want to work here for the rest of my life) and the greatest city on earth. I am making a bucket list for senior year, so stay tuned.
31. A home in Pennsylvania. On my train ride up the Hudson the other day I seriously wondered if I would ever find a more beautiful place to live than the Delaware Water Gap/Hudson Valley area.
32. The idea of exploring new places. Next on the list: Livin’ Local in Western New York.