1. I’m thankful for my amazing parents, who are always there to listen and give advice and then be supportive when I don’t follow their advice. They’ve shown me that they’ll do anything for me and that is just so great.
Aren’t they cute?
2. I’m thankful for my silly siblings, the best friends I got to be born with. Even if they never text me.
3. I’m thankful for the best friends I didn’t get born with, who wandered into my life in various ways and have stayed. Whether it’s Edward Murrow, food, politics, religion, New York’s Hottest Clubs, or the ways in which we resemble the cast of Seinfeld, we’re always laughing. (I’m Elaine, obviously.)
4. I’m thankful for the Boyfriend, who calls me on his way to class just to hear my voice and wears this shirt because it reminds him of Five Guys Burgers and Fries.
5. I’m thankful for Hazel the Wonderdog, Fredzilla, and Pepper Jack, all of whom fulfill my voracious need for cuddles.
She loves me!
6. I’m thankful for SJU, where I’ve learned so much and had so many great opportunities.
7. I’m thankful that I can work and that I’ve never had difficulty finding a job, and I’m thankful that I love both of my current jobs. I work a minimum of 23 hours a week, which is tough for me, but I enjoy the work so much I can’t decide which to cut down on. I’m also thankful that I got a decent summer job at the Taco Palace, with lots of hours and the opportunity to pick up a few over winter break.
8. I’m thankful for the opportunity and initiative to really dive in to the newspaper and campus ministry this year, rather than being marginally involved like in years past. I’ve met the most amazing people and developed so much.
This is this week’s newspaper, with my journalism buddy’s story on the cover and mine as the bottom teaser. We’ve been nicknamed the brain trust, not for nothin.
9. I’m thankful for the opportunity to practice my faith and those who have encouraged me along the way.
10. I’m thankful for my space heater, without which I would freeze at this desk.
11. I’m thankful it’s Thursday, which means tomorrow is Friday.
12. I’m thankful that after a week of being absolutely buried in homework all I have to worry about is an Italian quiz and a theology essay for tomorrow. It’s the little things in life, right?
What are you thankful for this Thursday?